Wednesday, December 17, 2014

BLOGcember Review: Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray

Hey Loves! BLOGcember Day 17! Today I am reviewing Urban Decay De-Slick Makeup Setting Spray! Shout out to Markie for requesting this-- we are both avid lovers of this spray! Find her on Instagram @MarkieJo26.


Where can you purchase?
I usually get mine at Ulta only because I have one near me but otherwise online at Urban Decays Website and most Sephora's.
 
How much is this product?
The full-size is $30 and travel sizes are around $10. The full-size usually lasts me a few months I would say 3-4 months. I have seen gift sets that include a full-size and travel for around $34 so I usually pick them up when I see them at the store.
 
How do you apply?
I like to spray 3-4 sprays onto my face after I have applied my foundation, powder, blush, ad bronzer to set my makeup for the day. Some people also like to spritz on before applying foundation for extra de-slicking. I will sometimes spray on half-way through the day if I know I am going to be wearing my makeup for an extended period of time.
 
Scent?
I don't think this has a scent that is overly noticeable.
 
Purpose?
This specific setting spray is designed for us oily girls to help keep oil at bay throughout the day. Urban Decay also makes other settings sprays that are geared toward more normal/combo/dry skin and those are excellent as well. I think this spray not only keeps my oil under control but also makes my foundation last long without breakdown.

Negatives?
The only bad thing isn't about the product itself it is the packing that stinks. The bottle had this smooth white finish that attracts dirty and when working with makeup there are always excess powders around so the outside of the bottle doesn't stay white for very long!
 
Dupes?
I have heard that the new L'Oreal makeup setting sprays are almost identical and around half the price. I have been searing for that for awhile now and have been unsuccessful.
 
I use this daily but you don't have too if you aren't wearing makeup. I know on the days that I skip or forget to apply I notice my makeup melting and shine occurring. The mist is a little scary at first but honestly isn't that bad, you'll get used to it I promise!

Hopefully you are enjoying the reviews in BLOGcember. Let me know what you want to review on my social media sites. Use the hashtag #BLOGcember or #wiscobeauty so I can see your posts!

 
Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out on future reviews!


Where to connect with me?
Pinterest: tilson8913
Youtube: Chelsea Tilson
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment