Monday, December 8, 2014

BLOGcember Review: Smashbox Studio Skin Foundation

Hey Loves! Today I am going to be reviewing one of my favorite high end foundation for you guys. The Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation has been in my collection for several years and I believe I am on my third bottle. I just can't give this enough love:


Where can I purchase this product?
You can find this product online at Smashbox's website, Sephora, or Ulta Stores. 

How much does this foundation cost?
Usually retails for around $42 for 1 fl ounce.

How many shades are available?
There are currently 12 shades available with ranging tones both warm and cool.  I wear 1.2 without self-tan and shade 2.2 with self-tan or in the summer months.

How do you apply this foundation?
I generally use a damp beauty sponge (Real Techniques Miracle Blending Sponge) or my F80 Sigma brush. I find that you have plenty of time to blend this into your skin so you do not have to rush or do one side at a time. 

How is the staying power?
The foundation is marketed as a 15 hour wear foundation which I totally agree with. I can apply this foundation in the morning around 7 am and wear long into the night. I do use a primer before applying and a setting spray after application. I also set my foundation with powder always because I have oily skin. I do not tend to see any break down in the product throughout the day even in my oily areas.

What is the coverage like?
This foundation is not thick actually pumps out a little liquidity but you can apply one layer for medium/full coverage and two layers for full coverage. I am usually a full coverage gal but I love to just apply one layer of this foundation because the coverage is amazing over red spots or blemishes. 

Any dupes?
I have tried a million and one drugstore foundations but I do not think there is a comparable foundation available. I think this is well worth the money and will last you a long time! You need very little (one pump) to cover your entire face easily. 

If you are in the market for a new highend foundation I would suggest this for you. I think Smashbox Studio Skin 15 Hour Wear Hydrating Foundation will work for all skin types (Normal., Combo, Oily). Oily ladies do not let the hydrating word fool you--the finish is semi-matte or totally matte if set with a powder. 

Hopefully you are enjoying the reviews in BLOGcember. Let me know what you want to review on my social media sites. Use the hashtag #BLOGcember or #wiscobeauty so I can see your posts!

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out on future reviews!

Where to connect with me?

Pinterest: tilson8913
Youtube: Chelsea Tilson
Email: tilson8913@gmail.com
Ebates: Click here

2 comments:

  1. What powder do you use to set it with??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used several
      Physician Formula Talc Free Powder Foundation
      Loreal True Match
      IT Cosmetics Celebration Foundation

      Delete