Tuesday, December 23, 2014

BLOGcember Review: Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara

Hey Loves! BLOGcember Day 21! I am so behind :( I am so sorry for being a few days late. I am going to post 2 more BLOGcember posts after this one! Today I am going to be reviewing one of Sephora's Birthday Gifts for 2014- Make Up Forever Smoky Extravagant Mascara. I am reviewing the lipstick in the next post so check that out as well! 


Where can I purhcase and price?
The full-size is available at Sephora for $24 or travel size for $12.

Formula?
This is supposed to be a new wax based formula for 4D effect in one coat. I find the formula to be a little wet-- I normally prefer a little bit thicker of a formula. 

Brush?
As you can see the brush is a cone shape which I find hard to use on my dominant side eye because I have to flip the brush to use it correctly. I don't like how I can not get into the base of the lashes really with this shape of brush. I do however like how the brush is made of hair-like bristles and not plastic or rubber bristles. 

Volume or Length?
This formula and brush is supposed to give amazing volume and separate the lashes in one coat. I find that instead of volume I get separated lashes that are very thin and have more length than volume. 

Application?
I tried to apply this several ways. I did as instructed and just applied one coat and I felt like I was hardly wearing any mascara. I like to have thick looking lashes but not clumpy. I let the first layer dry a little and tried to add more coats but my lashes were so hard that I couldn't really add any extra to get volume. I also tried to pair with other mascaras and honestly I could not make this work. 

Dupes?
I wouldn't suggest this mascara (Make Up For Ever) for volume if you are looking for volume from the drugstore I would suggest L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black or high end Tarte's Better Than Sex Mascara. 

Overall, I would pass on this mascara if I had to purchase myself. I think getting samples is very nice so you can try them out and see if they are worth the investment. I am going to let this mascara dry for a few days and test it again to see if the formula thickens up a bit. 



Hopefully you are enjoying the reviews in BLOGcember. Let me know what you want to review on my social media sites. Use the hashtag #BLOGcember or #wiscobeauty so I can see your posts!

Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out on future reviews!

Where to connect with me?
Pinterest: tilson8913
Youtube: Chelsea Tilson
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment