Saturday, December 13, 2014

BLOGcember Review: Smashbox Hydrating Primer

Hey Loves! BLOGcember Day 12! Since I have been doing these blog posts I have been exploring my collection as well and looking for products I haven't used lately or something that is almost finished. Trust me I am so close to filling up my empties bag again--which means another video! I have a handful of primers or primer samples to use and this is one that I totally love! Don't let the hydrating word scare you oily ladies this primer is oil-free which is perfect for us!



Where can I purchase this primer?
As usual Sephora, Ulta or online at Smashbox's website. 

How much is this primer?
The full-size which is 1 fl oz retails for $42.00 and trail size is $15 for 0.5 fl oz. So if you do the math you are better off buying two smaller ones for $30 than spending $42 on the full-size. 

Scent?
There is not a scent that I can tell. 

Texture?
This doesn't feel as silicone like as some of the other Smashbox primers. This actually feels more like a gel and reminds me of Clinque Dramatically Different Gel. 

How do you apply this?
I like to apply my primer 2-5 minutes after I moisturize my skin so my moisturizer can soak in. I then wait another 2-5 minutes before applying my foundation to let everything settle. I know some primers can "pill" up on the skin and I have not had this happen ever.

Lasting Power?
I find that I can apply this under foundation in the morning and go at least 12 hours without any serious break down in my foundation. I am oily though so I do regularly touch up with powder half through the day. 

Dupes?
I have tried several primers from the drugstore but I don't think there are any that compare in texture and lasting power Smashbox Hydrating Primer has.

I am currently almost finished with a sample size and I am totally getting myself a new one ASAP. I have totally fallen in love with this primer. Do you have any favorite primers? Let me know!

Hopefully you are enjoying the reviews in BLOGcember. Let me know what you want to review on my social media sites. Use the hashtag #BLOGcember or #wiscobeauty so I can see your posts!
Don't forget to subscribe so you don't miss out on future reviews!
Where to connect with me?

Pinterest: tilson8913
Youtube: Chelsea Tilson
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment