Wednesday, January 8, 2014

What I Ate Wednesday

Hey loves! Besides my love of makeup and everything beauty related I also really enjoy food. I figured hey it is a new year and who doesn't love to see what other people are eating. Of course I am that person who wants to "lose weight and be healthier" this new year! Hey, someone has to do it!  I took pictures of everything that I ate today just to give you a little sneak peek into my daily eating habits. My goals for this year including more H2O which isn't always the easiest but a definite must for a healthier you and eat less processed food-more raw. New blog idea came about for What I Ate Wednesday- these wont necessarily be every Wednesday but a few times a month. Lets jump into my stomach-

Donut Shop Coffee with Coffee-Mate French Vanilla Creamer

I drink this coffee goodness all day long at least 4 cups. I add a little splash of creamer to each cup which is such a bad habit with all the extra sugar. You will learn that I do not do "sugar-free" items and I also stay away from "Fat-Free". My outlook is that all those new chemicals are not researched enough and I think are harmful to your body. I also would rather have the real thing in moderation. 


Muller Low Fat Plain Greek Yogurt with Choco Balls

I usually eat breakfast around 10:00 after I have indulged in several cups of joe. I like to have yogurt or fruit usually. I love this yogurt because it packs a lot of protein to hold you over to the next meal and those yummy little chocolate balls add a sweet crunch which craves my sweet tooth a little.  They also have other flavors like strawberry or granola. I like that the yogurt isn't already sweetened. Another greek yogurt brand I like is Oikos in Key Lime. 

Chicken Enchiladas- Homemade

My mom taught me how to make these yummy chicken enchiladas. I usually make a whole pan which 6-7 tortillas and I usually eat the meal at least 4-5 times. I like to make this when I know I am going to have a busy work week so I can bring to work for my lunch. I can do a separate post on how to make these scrumptious babies if you would find that interesting. 
  
 1 cup fresh Strawberries

I love to have a snack midday around 2:00 to hold me over until I get home from work or gym later in the evening. I like to have fruit or a veggie snack. Recently I have had a craving for Strawberries- usually about 5 strawberries halved 

1/2 Kemps Cottage Cheese with Chives
6-8 Asparagus Spears with olive oil and garlic salt
1 cup grilled chicken breast with olive oil and minced garlic
500 mL of water-usually consume one at work and one in the evening

I love dinner! I try to fit in a veggie with protein and a little something extra. Asparagus is my favorite vegetable ever. I buy the steamer bags and divide into three portions for three separate meals that week. I buy the Tyson Chicken Strips in the freezer section and heat up on the stove or I use whole breasts in my George Foremen Grill. I also like to make Stir Fry with Shrimp and veggies- another popular dinner meal. This day I chose to have cottage cheese for a little extra diary product but you can have almonds, pretzels, fruit, veggies, or whatever you like. 

 1 tea bag Super Dieter's Tea
1 tea bag Lipton Green Tea Mixed Berry Flavor

I like to have a warm cup of tea a few nights a week. If you know anything about super dieter's tea you know that it can be powerful and if you don't well simply put it helps you poop. Too much information I know. I like to once a week let a bag steep in my hot water for only 1 minute and then I add the mixed berry tea for remainder of the time. 



I use MyFitnessPal application to track my calories, water intake, and exercise. I stick to a 1,200 calorie diet most days. I try to include fruit and veggies into my diet which sometimes is hard for me. I love my carbohydrates-I wish I didn't crave those buggers. I try to eat most of my carbs before dinner-before 3pm.  

Hopefully you enjoyed my What I Ate Wednesday. I look forward to posting more in the future- Cheers to a new year and new goals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment