Monday, January 13, 2014

First Impression-Covergirl Bombshell Volume Mascara

Hey loves! Yes, I know a first impression in a month of a makeup no buy?!? I used up 2 full sized mascaras and 1 sample size. I needed to buy a new one so why not try out one!
Let me fill you in on my lashes first off. I have many long lashes. I don't struggle with length at all. My lashes tend to clump up easily because I have so many lashes. I love to coat my lashes in mascara and love lots of thickness at the base. My favorite mascara of all time is the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black which I think gives the perfect amount of separation and volume which is what I look for in a mascara.
I purchased the Covergirl Bombshell Volume by lashblast mascara at Wal-Mart for $8.97. Let me just say this is the largest tube of mascara I have ever seen! This is a double ended mascara. What this mascara claims "mega volume and dark intensity in one mascara for an over the top bombshell look." and the front of the package says "big sexy bombshell lashes" Side 1 claims "load on for unbelievably big volume" and side 2 claims "seal in with one coat for an intense, dark, all day finish"
Let's get into the pictures and first impression.

My lashes without mascara and I do have my everyday work eyeshadow applied without any liner.

Side 1 brush is similar to the other brushes in the lashblast line. A larger rubber bristled brush that tapers towards the end.
This is my lashes after 1 coat of side 1. Now this is the side that claims volume- I don't exactly see volume but I do think my lashes are nicely separated. I found this formula a little watery. I am not in love with rubber bristled brushes to begin with I always feel like I am stabbing my eye when I try to apply.

Side 2 brush is a regular brush with soft bristles nothing over the top-this is the typical style brush that I go for. I feel like this type of brush allows me to wiggle close to the lash line for good volume at the base.

This is my lashes after 1 coat of side 2. I think this side should be labeled the voluminous side if anything. I like that my lashes appear thicker and darker which is part of the side 2 claim.


This is my lashes after a 2nd coat of side 2. As you can see I did get mascara on to my lid which usually happens because my lashes are so long. Except I did not get the waterproof formula and I could not get this off with a dry q-tip or makeup remover wipe. I had to get out my eye makeup remover and took off half my shadow too. Not impressed with that. I do like that my lashes look very thick and long but this still isn't my favorite way for my lashes to look. I felt like because the brushes are double ended that I had a hard one getting the wand up against my upper lash line for volume at the roots.


This is my lashes after I curled them- I know you aren't really supposed I curl your lashes after you apply mascara but sadly I do! I find otherwise I can't get all my lashes coated just right and I only curl my lashes like twice a week. I also have black liner on my tight line and waterline.

I applied this mascara before going to work- really early as you can tell. I will check back in a few hours but right now I am only having an "okay" feeling about this mascara maybe 2.5/5 right now. Let's see how this holds up through a 13 hour work day!

After a 12 hour work day I did not have any flaking onto my face but I did have transfer of color underneath my eyebrows which does happen with most mascara's because I have oily eyelids and I even put a primer on my eyelid before I apply eye shadow. I do think the mascara holds a curl without falling or flaking. 
I tried to use a make-up remover and a face wash to get the mascara off but I am still left with mascara on my eyelashes--this isn't even a waterproof formula. I am going to try this mascara again for a few days but night now I still love my L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black better. 

Pros:
-dark pigmentation
-holds curl
-separation
-length
-non flaking formula

Cons:
-hard to get off
-stubby wands
-bulky packaging
-spiky rubber brush (not a con for everyone)

Would I repurchase? Right now I don't really think I would. I give the mascara a 3/5 because there was no flakes and curl held all day. I am not impressed that I cannot get the mascara off and lack of volume. Have you tried this mascara- what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment