Friday, January 10, 2014

Hate it: Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof liquid liner

Hey loves! I blog about all of these products that I love but what about those products I can't stand-well here is one of them! 
A friend gifted me the Urban Decay 24/7 liquid eyeliner in Perversion. She doesn't use liquid liner and thought I would like the product! How nice, right? I love liquid liner and use the Maybelline Line Stilleto has my holy grail liner. I thought I would love this Urban Decay liner I already use their glide-on 24/7 eye pencils, eye shadows, and primer potion. I had high hopes for this product to be the perfect dark black stay on all day liner. Man was I wrong...

I thought great this is going to the the blackest liner ever... Not. As you can see by the swatch I found the liner to be a bit watery and not as pigmented as the pencil liner in perversion. You are able to draw thick and thin lines and frankly I liked this liner for doing a good wing. I also found when I was trying to take the liner off there would be chunks left behind like stuck on my eye lid. I feel like the liner dries almost to a "peel-off" finish. I don't know exactly how to describe it but it isn't like normal liner that just paints across your eyelid and dries. I would definitely call this "waterproof" that is for sure. 
Now that is not even the worst thing... I tested out this liner for a good few days. The first day I noticed a little burning after the liner had dried and later that day my eyelid felt really itchy and my eye was so dry. I figured oh whatever I will try it out again. Mind you I did not try anything else new when testing this liner out. Same eye shadow, mascara, and primer.  I noticed my eyelid started to get really dry and my actual eyelid started to peel off! 
Notice on the outer corner of my lid that my skin is missing. This liner is horrible! I can't believe that I am actually missing the skin on my eyelid all because of this eyeliner!!! Ahh... let me tell you I thought maybe I could apply a skin color eye shadow and no one would notice wrong...you could see the scaliness on both eyelids. Horrible.

Hopefully no one else had the same problems with this liner as I did. I had huge high hopes and totally was disappointed. This is the first time that I have had something this bad happen with any makeup product ever. Anyone else have something this bad happen?



No comments:

Post a Comment