Sunday, January 12, 2014

Changing Colors- New Hair


Hey loves! I love to change my hair color up! I have had red, blonde, black, and auburn. Most recently I had purple highlights throughout my hair for a good 8 weeks with a dark violet brown all over color. One of my best friends does my hair for me. I usually get a color and trim every 8 weeks. I am a huge believer in getting regular trims to keep your hair healthy and honestly that is how I grew my hair out without a lot of damage. 

Here is me with my purple hair! I loved the purple color so much. 

Here I am getting my new color. I decided that I wanted to cover up almost all of the purple highlights with an almost black color. I previously needed the bleach my hair before the purple was applied for a better more vibrant purple. This obviously did damage my hair a little so I decided to go back dark My natural hair color is a dark brown but I like to keep it a little more rich. As you an see in the picture I did keep 2 foils of purple highlights and I am going to apply the purple color over them for a little dimension  soon. My hairstylist uses Matrix hair color products.

Tada new hair color! I never wash my hair the next day after I get a fresh color this allows the dye to really take to the hair and I find the color lasts a lot longer this way. I did get a trim and more layers on the top half of my hair. 
Hopefully you all enjoyed this post. Stay tuned for more beauty related goodness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment