Monday, January 27, 2014

Favorite Drugstore Foundation + Review

Hey loves! Mattifying, great coverage, long wearing, not cakey, and blendable isn't that what you look for in a great foundation? I know that is everything I want in a foundation and hey, affordable isn't bad either right! I am a foundation junkie. Foundation is probably one of my favorite things to try out in the makeup world. I have used many high end and drugstore versions. I want to share my holy grail drugstore foundation with you guys, 
Covergirl's Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 foundation came out earlier this year and was totally hyped up by beauty bloggers and YouTube guru's alike. I have oily skin but I find that I can wear this foundation for 5 hours before a touch up or blot is needed. I have heard that dry and combo skin do not have a need to touch up. This is my everyday foundation because the coverage is amazing, wears through an 8 hour work day, doesn't cake up after applying powder, and blends flawlessly. Lets breakdown the claims and common questions for this foundation.


What does this foundation claim to do?
 "All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long."  **taken from Covergirl Website

Do you use a primer before applying this foundation?
I do only because I have very oily skin. I like MAC's Mattifying Gel or Benefit PoreFessional.

Do you apply concealer as well?
I apply concealer on any acne spots and concealer as a highlight under eyes and bridge of nose.

Do you set with a powder?
I usually let foundation set 2 minutes until no longer tacky and apply MAC's Mineralized SkinFinish Natural. 

Where can I find this foundation?
Drugstores like Wal-Mart, Target, RiteAid, Walgreens, Shopko etc...

How much is this foundation?
$8-$12.00 depending on location

How many shades are available to purchase?
Covergirl's website has 14 shades available though I have only seen about 7-10 in stores at one time.

How do you apply this foundation?
My favorite ways are with a damp beauty blender or F80 Flat Top Kabuki by Sigma

Do you prefer this over your old holy grail foundation Revlon ColorStay?
Actually, I do love this more. I still like that there are 2 formulas available for skin types and more color range available for the Revlon ColorStay. That is a downfall for the shade range available in Covergirl Foundation. 

Left Side has foundation and primer. My skin has drastically improved with Clarisonic.

Here is half of my face with Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation. I am wearing a primer but no powder or concealer. As you can tell the redness is completely covered and my skin looks skin-like not overly "foundation" looking. 

I wear shade Buff Beige-825. I think there is a little bit of a pink undertone but still matches my slight olive tone skin. I would suggest that you get a shade lighter than your skin because I do notice after 1 hour the foundation does begin to oxidize a little. 

Pros:
-long wearing
-amazing coverage
-blendable
-flawless finish
-affordable
-bottle with a pump
-SPF 20

Cons:
-oxidizes
-shade range
-glass bottle (which is awesome until you drop the bottle and shatter the foundation)
-requires blotting or touch-up  ***oily skin only
-slight very small white cast in photos from SPF

Overall, I would give this foundation a 4.5/5. I have purchased several bottles already and I will continue to repurchase. I hope in the near future this is not a foundation that gets discontinued I would be totally heartbroken. Seems like that happens with all the good products or they decide to redo the formula. Have any of you tried this foundation and what do you think? What is your favorite drugstore foundation?

Where to find me?

Facebook: www.facebook.com/wiscobeautyofficial
Instagram: wiscobeauty
Twitter: wiscobeauty
Pinterest: tilson8913 or Chelsea Tilson
Email: tilson8913@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment