Monday, January 6, 2014

Update: Clarisonic Day 12

Hey loves! I wanted to keep you updated on the newest edition in my skincare routine for this year. My parents gave me the Clarisonic Mia for Christmas this year. I had wanted to try this baby for over a year before I was gifted- I couldn't bring myself to spend the money to get this sooner. Now, I wish I would have sooner-lets jump into the review/update


Lets get started with what the Clarisonic is and the claims behind this facial cleansing system-

Where can you buy a Clarisonic?
How much is the Clarisonic?
-Prices vary from $99-$225  (the one I use is $125)
What are the claims for the Clarisonic?
-Clarisonic website says:
"Cleansing is the essential first step in a healthy skin care ritual. The patented Clarisonic Sonic Cleansing Brush uses a sonic frequency of more than 300 movements per second to deeply cleanse the skin far more effectively, yet more gently, than traditional superficial cleansing or simple rotating brushes. The result is noticeably smoother, more radiant skin."

So what do I think so far of the Clarisonic?

I have used this product for 12 days now. I use the product once a day usually at night after I have removed my makeup with face wash or makeup remover. I wear makeup almost everyday because I work full-time and usually have weekend plans. However I do try to not wear makeup at least one time a week and usually take off my makeup before bed to let my skin breathe. 
I have been using the cleanser that comes free with purchase in the set- Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser. I think the cleanser is nice and not drying. I have oily acne prone skin. I find that my skin reacts to my diet and exercise habits greatly. I do not feel that tightness that can occur after using some facial products. When people say you don't know what clean is until you use a Clarisonis is so true! I love using this brush on my face- I feel like my skin is so clean. 
Since starting using the Clarisonic I have noticed a smoother appearance to my skin and the redness from old acne have started to fade (whoop!) I had heard from other beauty bloggers that when you first start using the Clarisonic you skin does get worse before it gets better which I have found out. But the good thing is I am not breaking out in massive pimples or terrible breakouts. I am just noticing the impurities are finding their way out of my skin and literally I am having tiny blemishes that go away in one-two days. Honestly, not a big deal to me if in the future my skin is going to be flawless.
I have noticed that my skin is a little drier at night after using the Clarisonic but nothing my normal moisturizer can't handle- Sephora Instant Moisturizer. I have a lot of blackheads located around and on my nose area but since starting this Clarisonic journey this has improved greatly. I have noticed a few white heads emerging in my nose creases but that is a good thing for me just means this baby is working all that "gunk" out of my face!
I do not think using the Clarisonic has affected the wear of my makeup but I do think my skin now gives a smoother application. I will my skin has improved enough to wear I feel comfortable going to the store without make up on! YIKES- if you know me then you know that I am always wearing foundation. Yesterday I braved the public eye without makeup on- literally only because my skin texture has improved so much I feel less self conscious about the look of my skin. 

Pros:
-worth the price tag
-improves skin appearance-even in just 12 days
-deep cleaning

Cons:
-a little drying

Overall I am very impressed with the Clarisonic after 12 days. I hope to keep you guys updated on my progress over the next few months. Are there any standout facial products you use to keep your skin looking fabulous? I am on a journey to improve my skincare this year and this is the first step. I have been spending my time eyeing some eye creams (no pun intended there). 

No comments:

Post a Comment