Monday, May 30, 2011

Review: E.l.f. Beautybook Smoky Eye Edition

Hello Ladies! I am back with a review on the ELF Beautybook Smoky eye edition. Now I already have this palette from last year which has more neutral colors and this year it is filled with greys, blues, and purples. I got it on clearance in Target a couple of weeks ago and just decided to use it tonight... hate when that happens. I paid $3.48 but originally it was $5. You can also buy these palettes online at eyeslipsface.com


Swatches are not the greatest, sorry.

I am totally in love with the middle colors which happen to be purples. The deepest shade really caught my eye it is a plum with goldish shimmer. It did not show up very well in the swatch but I totally love it. I think the grey/black colors on the bottom row are the same as last years palette except that the black is matte this time instead of having shimmer which I love! I am not really too excited to play around the blues really. I honestly think that blue eye shadow can come off as trashy, no offense to those of you that love it I honestly just don't love it.
This palette also comes with a double sponge applicator and a mini eye liner. I use the sponge tip to create the look below as long as the eye liner which is very very hard and not really that fabulous, but might work well as an eyeliner to throw into your purse for touch ups.

I used the purples and made this quick look while watching Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition. I am totally in love with these shows. Hopefully you ladies enjoyed this look!

what do you guys think of this palette?

enjoy =)

2 comments:

  1. I like all 3 of the palettes natural,smokey and bright eyes.I feel like there are a few stand out shadows in each one but for the price they are pretty good!

    Thanks for the review I like to see what colors everyone likes the most!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,Im also an eyeshadow lover:) this pallete kinda reminds me of my Sleek bad girl . Im your new follower, feel free to visit me and join in my Sigma brush giveaways if interested:) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete