Sunday, May 29, 2011

How to Fake It...

Hello Ladies! After realizing how truly pale and pasty I was I decided to break out the good ole self-tanners for the summer. Here is my review on the ones I currently have/use:



Sunlab Self Tanning Ultra Drak Instant Tint- This is honestly one of the best self tanners I have tried. No matter how I apply it or how often I get a perfect summer glow, never have I once turned orange. I like to apply this 1-2 times a week. The formulation is amazing does not dry right away gives you plenty of time to spread all over each section. The color is a rich brown that when you apply looks greyish which is what keeps you from turning orange. Always look for a green or grey tint to your self tanners. Another thing I love is the smell to me it smells like cherry vanilla. I don't smell any self tanner scent ever even if I put it on in the morning before work. This tanner is pricey $48 for 8 fl oz except I recently purchased a bottle at TJ Maxx for $16.99. You can buy this online here.
Neutrogena Instant Bronze in Medium- This to me is another great tanner that is more affordable. I use this the same way as the Sunlab Self-Tanner but be careful how much you apply because it does turn a little orange. I love that is gives you an almost automatic color because if you are running low on time before an event and need quick color this allows you to see where you have applied it. This is available at most drugstores (Wal-Mart, Target, Walgreens, Shopko) and usually runs around $6. I do wish it had less of a self tanner smell but it isn't really all that bad.

Quench Plus Touch of Sun for Medium/Dark Skin Tones- Now this is one of my favorite lotions that has a hint of self tanner. These are great for maintaining your fake tan year around. I like to use these in sync with self tanners and by themselves in winter to just give my body a hint of color. This smells amazing barely any self tanner smell and really does gradually give you a hint of color without turning orange. I use this a couple of times a week to keep my tan glowing. I usually purchase this at Shopko for around $6.
Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer for Medium/Tan Skin Tones- This is one of the first lotions plus self tanners that I had tried. I honestly hate this product. As soon as you open the bottle all you can smell is self tanner. Every time I would wear it I felt like everyone around me knew that I was wearing Jergens Natural Glow. I do feel that I get most orange with this product than any other self tanners that I have previously tried. You can find this at most drugstores (Wal-Mart, Target, Shopko, Walgreens) and is around $6 as well. I would not recommend this product.

Ulta Tinted Self-Tanning Continuous Spray Light Medium- This is one of the first spray self tanners I have tried. I was not really impressed with it. I do enjoy the smells I think it smells fresh and kinda of like "manish" I was not really excited about the color I just felt orange and I have honestly only used this on my legs and every time I use it I end up wearing pants and never wanting to show off my legs. I bought this online at ulta.com but I just checked the website and it is not available. I want to say I purchased this for under $10.


What tanners do you use? Love? Hate?
Enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment