Saturday, May 7, 2011

How To: Grow Your Hair Long...


Hello Ladies! I decided that today I would write a blog about how I grew my hair long in 2 years! The first picture is me on my graduation in May of 2009 and the next picture is from last week. There is quite a difference in length. Now I aways hear people say they did a "no heat" summer or only used heat on their hair once a week, well sorry ladies but I did not do that. I always straightened my hair and blow dried it every morning. It really all depends on your hair type.

I have naturally wavy hair but my hair can tolerate a lot of heat before it gets damaged. While I was growing my hair out I also was coloring it every 6 weeks and I even did some blonde bleaching (now that really did damage my hair). I would only get a hair cut when my ends would start to get dry. I did shower and shampoo my hair daily. I would advise the following things to keep your hair healthy while growing it out:
  • Deep Conditioning at least once a week ( I love Aussie 3-minute miracle conditioner )
  • Use a heat protectant
  • Use some kind of leave in conditioner after showering
  • Get a hair cut/trim when your hair needs it. Keeping split ends around just makes your hair look dry and it just keeps splitting the longer you keep em hangin on

Hopefully these helps you ladies out! Enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment