Monday, June 2, 2014

First Impression: Miss Manga Mascara

Hey Loves! I am doing a first impression on the new L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara. I have been seeing a lot of reviews of this mascara which have been mixed. I was excited to do this first impression because I am huge fan of L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara which as been a cult favorite of mine for years. I picked up this mascara at Wal-Mart for $7.98. Lets jump into the first impression:

You need to know that my lashes are abundant and long. I do not curl my lashes because when I apply mascara they already face upward.

What this mascara claims?
360 degree Flexor Brush: For the first time, L'Oreal Paris creates a flexible brush with a unique conical shape to catch those hard to reach lashes, for incredible even application. 
Mega Impact Formula: Instantly builds oversized volume! For up to 15x lash volume in a flash.
The Manga Look: Top lashes amplified and bottom lashes maximized for an ultimate wide eye-look.
-Clump-Free, Flake-Free, Smudge-Free
-Ophthalmologist and Allergy Tested
-Suitable for sensitive eyes and contact lens wearers
-Tested under dermatological control

Here is the application:
No Mascara
One coat- Left Eye
Two Coats- Left Eye
Two Coats- Both Eyes

Miss Manga Mascara
What do I think?

Right away I did like how uplifted my eye lashes look but I don't like how spidery they look. I like my lashes to appear a little more thick at the base. I think this gives a light application of mascara. 
The brush is not for me- I do like that the brush is not rubber but is made of bristles and the shape is also decent the wedge isn't overly dramatic. What I don't like is the flexible wand-I feel like I can't get in to the base of my lashes to wiggle the brush back and forth. I feel like I don't have a lot of control when applying the mascara.
The formula reminds me a lot of the L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black. I think the formula is a little wet but if you let the mascara sit for a week or two the formula with thicken and the lashes will look thicker after application.
Definitely long lasting-I wore this mascara for over 8 hours and in humid weather. I did not see any smudging, flaking, or notice any clumps. I did not get transfer off my bottom lashes to my under eye area. 

Pros:
-No Smudges, Flakes, Clumps
-Availability
-Highly Pigmented
-Long Lasting
-Affordable
-Bristle Brush

Cons:
-Wet Formula
-Flexible Wand
-Lack of Control

Overall I think I will stick with my L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara because I like that brush better and feel I can get into my lashes easier/quicker. If you like spidery lashes and a light application I would suggest you try this mascara. What is your favorite mascara?

Where to connect with me?
Pinterest: tilson8913
Email: tilson8913@gmail.com
Ebates: Click here




No comments:

Post a Comment