Monday, July 11, 2011

My Tattoo In Depth


Hello ladies!! I wanted to write a post all about my tattoo experience recently. Now I am sure a lot of people are wondering why would you put a tree on your back? Well the answer is that I have been watercolor painting for many years and I always loved painting Japanese Cherry Blossom Trees. So I talked with my Tattoo Artist Jeff and gave him some ideas and let him create this gorgeous creation.

I picked the placement because I have a very little body I am only five feet two inches tall and I wanted the tree to be fairly large so I was limited on where I could put the tattoo. I also wanted to make sure I placed it some where that weight gain would be minimal if I did gain any weight.
Now I honestly just let my artist Jeff run with the coloring and shading. I just asked for pink flowers and a white center. I really love how the yellow in the tree itself made it pop.

I went with a local tattoo shop. I don't want to put the name of it because it is the exact town I live in, but I did go there with a friend before and she got a tattoo. I loved the friendly environment and I totally loved how Jeff showed us how everything was sterile and he doesn't reuse anything which is very important. I think another reason why I loved this shop so much is that Jeff the tattoo artist is actually only 23 years old which is my age. I know he is young and how could he be able to do such amazing work well honestly, he is gifted and it comes natural.

I did not think that actually getting the tattoo hurt. If you own an epilator I think that is exactly what it feels like. Now I would never get a tattoo over my ribs. I have one branch that just reaches a little bit over towards my ribs and that really hurts. The only part that I really thought that hurt was after he had done the outline and started to shade it in he left the yellow
for the second to last color and that is what hurt because you were going over skin that already was irritated. Otherwise Ladies don't be scarred. My friend who got the tattoo on her foot said her tattoo really hurt but that is on little skin and over a lot of bone.

I am really please with the result of my tattoo. The key part now is that I need to take care of my tattoo otherwise I could do some serious damage. I am going to Rockfest on Thursday so in 3 days. You are not supposed to be in tanning bed for 2 weeks and limit the direct contact by sunlight for a few days. Rockfest is going to be like 95 degrees and the concerts are all outside. I have purchased plenty of sunscreen and I am ready to protect my new baby. Also, right after you get your tattoo you need to keep it covered with an ointment like Aquaphor and after it starts to scab you can apply a dye and fragrance free lotion to keep the skin soft. A lot of people say that the tattoo starts to itch and it is really hard not to itch it but I am not to that point yet. I just have scabs but if you do end up picking at these the color will come out and you will lost parts of your tattoo!

Hopefully this was helpful leave any questions below if you have any. Happy Tattooing! Enjoy =)

No comments:

Post a Comment