Monday, September 1, 2014

What College Taught Me- Beauty Edition

Hey loves! If you follow my blogs or social media posts on the regular you know that I have recently moved away from my hometown and went back to college full-time. I have previously taken 1.5 years of college in my hometown but currently I am in a bigger city. Since I have a crazy obsession with makeup and hair I took note of a few things from my new college surroundings-- lets get started. 
Now I am talking about academics here I am talking just my surroundings walking to and from class, during class, and chilling in the commons area-- here is what I have learned

  • Showering is optional-- apparently the smell of body odor and greasy hair is the fragrance this fall 
  • Wearing sweat pants from your boyfriends closet paired with a tight t-shirt is the go to look
  • August 29th and 80 degrees is a good time to start breaking out the boots and sweaters
  • Leggings are a must for everyone guys or girls
  • Stilettos help you get to class a lot faster--- rapid speed
  • Wearing your student ID by lanyard or belt chain allows everyone to know you really actually go to school here--in case anyone cared or forgot
  • Having 16 different gel pens will help you learn better
  • If you want to be in the beauty program then you need to look like Snooki or Jwoww no questions asked
Oh, don't worry I didn't forget about hair or makeup

  • Winged liner out to hair line is on point
  • That orange glow must be coming from the recessed lighting
  • Random black dots across your eye in the crease is the new cut crease technique 
  • Lime green is lid color 
  • Wearing every hairstyle at once looks good - curly, straight, up, down, braid, and side pony! Oh, don't forget the bang poof as well. 
  • Fake-Ombre: I am too lazy to touch-up my roots so I am just calling it Ombre 
  • Must have more than one hair accessory in at a time - flowers, bows, headbands
Ladies, now listen I know we all dream of either that hot buff jock or that geeky nerd that can fix everything. I don't mean to burst your bubble but they just don't exist. I mean there definitely are nerdy boys that look good from the waist up with their hot black framed glasses and polos but those too short pants and New Balance Sneakers just screams Dad to me. 
Girl, I know coming Tuesday I am going to be looking so good because I know I have been doing it all wrong! Shoot. Did I miss anything?  Hopefully you sense the sarcasm in my post but if you didn't I really did see all of these things and if you are guilty of them you should think about changing your ways. =)



Stay up to date with my life by following my social media:

Pinterest: tilson8913
Ebates: Click here




No comments:

Post a Comment