Thursday, September 18, 2014

NOTD: Fall Shimmery Taupe

Hey Loves! I feel like I haven't done a nail of the day in a little while. I haven't been getting to creative with my nails lately usually just solid colors and nothing fancy. I decided to add a little sparkle this time. I used the same polish from another NOTD post (read that here). To me fall is all about neutrals, dark berry's, and deep blues. I am still on the hunt for a good midnight blue but I hear OPI makes a few. Another favorite deep berry polish of mine is by OPI called Lincoln Park After Dark--you will see a NOTD this fall with that color for sure! Today we are focusing just on the nude side of things.






Covergirl Outlast Stay Brilliant in 215 Smokey Taupe
Urban Decay Naked Polish in Sidecar
Seche Vita Dry Fast Top Coat

I love adding a little pop with an accent nail--this time I added a clear taupe with silver shimmer. Now this polish came from Urban Decays Naked Polish Collection which featured colors from the original Naked Eyeshadow Palette. I don't think that this product sold well because Urban Decay did not come out with any other polishes for the other two Naked Palettes.  I do like the colors that the set comes with but I think for the price the bottles of polish are very small at 0.16 fl oz and a standard polish is around 0.37-0.50--obviously Naked Polishes are significantly smaller. 
I do feel that the color Sidecar is a unique color in that it is a nude taupe which isn't very pigmented so it is easy to layer over a pigmented base and has a lot of shimmer that isn't chunky and is very tiny in size. I have not found this type of color in any other polish brand before. If you know of one please let me know! 
Hopefully you enjoyed this NOTD and have gotten some inspiration to create your own Fall inspired nails! Stay tuned for more fall orientated posts in the near future. Thanks for stopping and have a great day. 


Stay up to date with my life by following my social media:

Pinterest: tilson8913
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment