Thursday, September 4, 2014

August Favorites

Hey loves! I have not done a favorites post in I don't even know how many months or years! I am so excited for August to be over and the fall weather to be coming. I love being bundled up with leggings and boots I can't wait! But don't get me wrong I love hot weather and also am sad to see that go. Lets jump into the things I have been loving this month:

Batiste Dry Shampoo A Hint of Colour Dark & Deep Brown
This is one of my all time favorite holy grail products. I have been trying my hardest to keep from washing my hair everyday since I moved. When I was back in my hometown I really didn't skip as often as I should of. For some reason living here it has become a lot easier to space out my washes to every other day which is amazing. I am going to be dying my hair soon so not washing will help extend my color. 
There are so many reasons why I love this brand of dry shampoo not even just this flavor. All of the scents/flavors do not leave my hair with that ugly white cast at my roots. This soaks up all of the grease without that heavy feeling that some dry shampoos leave. All of the smells are amazing I might add.

American Eagle  AEO Vintage Body Mist

I just purchased this body spray at American Eagle this past weekend because they had 25% off of all their perfumes and body sprays. This was my favorite scent that they had. I love this scent because I think it is the perfect transition scent from summer to fall. I love the fruitiness of this but then the musky scent at the end is amazing. I obviously am not good at describing scents so I found the key notes online for you. Top notes are mandarin orange and apple; middle notes are white flowers. lotus. rose and mango; base notes are praline, musk and white woods. So if you are on the hunt for a good mid-season scent check this out. The body mist retails for $19.95 for 8 fl oz which I believe is the same size as the Bath & Body Works Mists. 


e.l.f. Eye Lash Curler
I have always had an eye lash curler laying around but I never really was in the habit of curling my lashes daily. I used to curl my lashes probably once a month-maybe. I didn't curl my lashes because they are so long that they just bent at the root and stuck straight up almost past my eye brow. So recently I have been just giving them a little attention with a my e.l.f Eye Lash Curler for a few seconds just to add a little volume. I am thinking about investing in a more expensive one-- but nothing crazy because I don't want super curled lashes that look unnatural and fake. 


Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Blushing Beige

This little gem has been laying around in my lipstick collection for months but I rediscovered this since I moved and have reorganized my makeup collection. I have always been really into nude lips but for some reason I always thought this was "too nude" for me but now I just love it. I like to rock a brown smokey eye with this lip stick and girl, it looks phenomenal.

Revlon Photoready Bronzer in Bronzed & Chic

This bronzer used to be a total drugstore holy grail but then I lost her in one of my older purses when I switched out of it into a new one. I have recently hit pan!! I love using this to contour my face as well as add a little color to my neck so my foundation matches perfectly. I am hoping this is still available at the drugstore. If you need a good bronzer that isn't orange you might want to check this out. 

Lip Combo:
Revlon Lipstick in Nude Attitude
Covergirl Lip Liner in Splendid
Besides using my Maybelline Lipstick mentioned above this has been my go to lip combo for the month and I did a separate post on this lip combo here.  These are more rediscovered favorites so go check out that post for more information. 


Skinny Jeans
I have been so in love with skinny jeans this month! I think I am getting in the fall mood for those skinny jeans and boots to come out! Since I spend a good amount of my day inside my college in the air conditioning I like to wear jeans to keep myself warm. I have recently purchased to new pairs of skinny's from American Eagle and I am in love! Other places that I love to find skinny's is Kohls and Target. I like to get the stretchy ones so I don't feel like I am stuck and suffocating inside my pants all day. I am all about that comfort ladies!

Hopefully you guys enjoyed my August Beauty Favorites! Non-beauty I have been loving taking walks, my new Brita water filter pitcher and everything involving noodles. I have been walking to class everyday and love that little bit of time to relax and reflect each day. I am trying to force myself to drink more water so I picked up a Brita water pitcher so I can have cold filtered water at my little finger tips all day long! Of course, I am a carb-o-holic so I would love anything involving pasta. Let me know what are some of your favorites this month. 

Recent Posts:


Stay up to date with my life by following my social media:

Pinterest: tilson8913
Ebates: Click here





No comments:

Post a Comment