Tuesday, September 16, 2014

First Impression: Maybelline Matte Lipsticks

Hey loves! All the rage is about these new Maybelline Color Sensational  Matte Lipsticks. I have been on the hunt for these babies for at least a month. I kept seeing the displays at Shopko and Walgreen's but the actual product wasn't there! I finally found the whole line at Target. My Target had about 10 colors and I picked up two of them; one nude and one deep red.  I thought the other colors in the collection were a little bright for my liking. I picked up mine for $5.49 a piece.  The outside of the packing is a matte mauve plastic case. Yes these do have the classic Maybelline lipstick scent which does not bother me. Here are the two colors that I picked up:

Divine Wine
Daringly Nude
Swatches
Applied to Lips
No primer or liner

Wearing Daringly Nude
I had heard that these were going to be long wearing creamy matte shades. I was a little leery of this from a drugstore company. I am not saying that this can't be accomplished but in general most matte lipsticks are very drying on the lips. Now with any matte lipstick I would suggest a good exfoliation before applying so that the lipstick does not cling to dry patches or creases. 
I was very surprised when I applied the lipsticks at just how creamy they actually were. I have other matte lipsticks from L'Oreal and those usually dry matte and do not transfer. I do think the over all feeling of these lipsticks is a thicker formula then most lipsticks but is not sticky or slippery. These Maybelline lipsticks stay creamy and do not dry to the touch until some wear happens. I wore these lipsticks for 4 hours and did eat and drink during that time. I did end up with lipstick transferring on to my coffee cup.. I do think the finish is a beautiful matte without looking overly dry on the lips. I would suggest to apply a chapstick between touch-ups just to keep the lips moisturized. I did try on the darker shade and this did stain my lips for awhile after I removed the lipstick so beware of that. I would suspect this of the rest of the darker shades as well. 
The nude (Daringly Nude) in this line does remind me of a similar shade from the Maybelline Color Sensational in the Buffs line called Blushing Beige. The only difference is Blushing Beige gives off more of a glossy finish instead of matte and Daringly Nude seems to have better lasting power. If you are looking for a matte nude color I would totally suggest you check the matte lipstick out. I love the matte deep red because I think fall is the perfect time to wear those darker shades but I find the glossiness of many lipsticks to be over powering. My personal preference is a more matte dark shade. 
Let me know if you check out any of these Maybelline Matte Lipsticks. I would love to hear what your opinions are. Do you have any other favorite matte lipsticks?


Stay up to date with my life by following my social media:

Pinterest: tilson8913
Ebates: Click here






No comments:

Post a Comment