Monday, February 3, 2014

Empties-No Buy January

Hey loves! That time has come for another empties post! These are always my favorite posts to read or watch on YouTube. I love getting the mini reviews and actually seeing what products get used up on the regular. Now this months empties isn't exactly my favorite all time most used products. I was forcing myself to use up products that I had laying around and I feel like I did an alright job doing that. Lets dive right in-



Proactiv Sololution Revitalizing Toner- I used to use Proactiv religiously when I was in my teens but I never really felt like the products were doing anything. I had this half bottle laying around so I used it up but I will not repurchase. I am on the hunt for a new toner if you know any let me know!
Bain de Terre Argon Oil Sleek & Smooth Conditioner- Now this is a favorite product. I purchase mine at Tj Maxx for $9.99. I am constantly using these conditioners up and I have another flavor in my shower right now. My hair feels so healthy and soft after using these. I like the shampoo's too. I usually just purchase whatever flavor they have at the store I am not that picky on the smells. They are all amazing-check out your local Tj Maxx. 
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser- Another staple item in my face care routine. I started using this product again in my teens per recommendations of my dermatologist. I use this product every morning in the shower and sometimes at night with my clarisonic. This face wash does not leave my skin dry or tight feeling. I have coupon for CerVe face wash so I am going to try that next.

Downy Unstoppables In-Wash Scent Booster Shimmer Scent-  Must have laundry favorite if you are just as obsessed with that fresh linen scent as me. I love these little beads- I just throw in a cap full into my laundry and my clothes smell amazing for weeks. The scent lasts so long and makes your clothes soft as well. I love washing my bedding with these as well. Amazing check out if you haven't already. 
Nivea Extended Moisture Daily Lotion-  I purchased this over a year ago and would use occasionally. After I forced myself to use this everyday I fell in love! I have dry skin and I also hate that greasy feeling some lotions leave you with. This is not greasy at all and leaves my skin feeling so soft all day long. I would say there is a light fresh scent but nothing that is over powering or will compete with perfume. I think both girls and guys would love this lotion. I am going to repurchase for sure.
Bath & Body Works Body Spray in Be Enchanted- I love these little travel size bottles for my purse and gym bag. I like to wear these light body sprays for work so my scent isn't over bearing for patients. This is definitely a sweet girly scent. B&BW website says the key tones are Mouthwatering Citrus, Iced Pomegranate, Chilled Wildberries, Crystallized Passionfruit. I would repurchase after I finish some other body sprays. 

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyelid Primer-  I got this in a Ulta order as a sample. I use the Urban Decay Primer Potion daily. I actually did like this primer-I have very oily lids and this did keep my shadow on all day long. I might purchase in the future after I finish up my UDPP. 
Carmex Strawberry Moisturizing Lip Balm- I am not really picky about my chapsticks. I usually just grab one from the grocery check out. I did like this formula and scent. I like that it applies a little bit thicker than other chapsticks. 
It's Potent Benefit's Eye Cream- This is actually the second sample I have had of this eye cream. Honestly, I am not overly impressed and I think the scent is totally over powering. I feel like there are better eye creams out there. I would not repurchase
Sinful Colors Professional Nail Polish In 8 Celia- Obviously I did not finish this polish but the polish has turned all goopy and is drying out. I do like to wear pink polish in the summer on my toes especially. I have other pinks that I need to use up before I buy anymore. 
Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer- I didn't actually use up this product I just hate it.  I have oily skin and this did nothing to help prevent oil or keep my makeup on. My noon my makeup was sliding around and I was looking like a greasy monster. The texture is like any other silicone based primer. I will not repurchase. 
Covergirl Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Buff Beige- As everyone knows this is one of my favorite foundations not only just drugstore foundations either. See that review here. I think the coverage is amazing and lasting power is outrageous. I currently am into another bottle and I will continue to repurchase. 
Clinique High Impact Mascara- I don't know if I got a bad tube or what but this mascara smells. I tried to wear it a few days but the formula was dry and did nothing for my lashes. I won't repurchase.
Benefit They're Real Mascara-  I am impartial to this mascara. I like the formula but I hate the rubber bristle brush. I did use this in combination with other mascaras and I did enjoy it. I won't repurchase because of the brush. 
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown- I feel like this shows up in every one of my empties posts. I use this daily for my eye brows and I love the color. I will repurchase but I am thinking about trying the Anastasia Brow Dip. 
Rimmel Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Liner in 270 Purple Shock- I didn't finish this product either. I think I have just had this for too many years. I do like the color and I like to add a little pop of color here and there this works great. I have other purple liners I need to use up so for the time being I won't repurchase. 
Whew! That was a lot of products to get through. I am going to try to do monthly empties post so I can keep them smaller. Hopefully you enjoy the mini reviews. What products did you use up this month?


Where to connect with me?
Twitter: wiscobeauty
Instagram: wiscobeauty
Email: tilson8913@gmail.com
Ebates: Click here


1 comment: