Monday, February 17, 2014

Hate It-Maybelline Dream Wonder Pressed Powder

Hey Loves! I recently picked up Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder in 20 Classic Ivory
at Target.  You can see that haul here. I was looking for a new drugstore powder because I am currently using two high end powders MAC Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Medium and Laura Gellar Balance N Brighten in Medium. I always am on the hunt for drugstores products that are comparable to high end goodies.  I had actually seen several reviews on the Maybelline Dream Wonder Powder which were all positives. So I saw the product at Target and just had to try it out. 

First impression the powder has an amazing silky texture that you can feel. The powder is almost buttery it is so smooth. I was so excited to try this out-so I applied my regular foundation routine and use this to set my foundation.  I thought the color was a little dark but I just blended the extra on to my neck and I was fine. 

After 6 hours
After 6 hours
I absolutely hate this powder. This pictures are not even doing justice to how orange and splotchy my face was. I could not even believe how disgusting my face was looking. I did notice throughout the day that my face was starting to look a little darker I figured the powder was just oxidizing a little but my goodness I was looking like I was straight from the cast of Jersey Shore.  I even used a tissue to wipe off my makeup at work because I looked that bad. 
I would not repurchase this product nor would I tell anyone else to try it. Such a waste of money-- I don't even know what I am going to do with the product now. What drugstore powders do you enjoy?

Where to connect with me?
Pinterest: tilson8913
Email: tilson8913@gmail.com
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment