Sunday, December 29, 2013

Best in Beauty 2013- Hair, Face, and Body

Hey Loves! Here is the last post from my Best of Beauty 2013. I have compiled a few of my favorite products for hair, face, and body.  I have to admit that I am not crazy into skincare and one of my goals for next year is to focus on a better skincare routine.  I was originally going to include nails in this post as well but honestly, I am not a nail junkie. I paint my nails like once a month and maybe once every three months I will get shellac done at the nail salon. I am not super picky about colors or brands so I figured I better just leave that out- I don't have any stand out nail products. Just like my last post I have included prices and stores where I get the products from. So lets jump right into my most use products:

Face:
Queen Helene Mint Julep Masque- Walgreens, $3.79- I had heard this product raved about all over YouTube. I finally purchased this mask in the summer of 2013. I love it! I have oily acne prone skin and this mask is wonderful for controlling oil and keeping acne at bay. I use this mask once a week and I leave the product on for around 20 minutes. The mask has a slight mint smell and when you apply does have a cooling affect. The mask applies like a think cream and then completely dries before you rinse off with water. 
Sephora Instant Moisturizer- Sephora, $22.00- I learned about this product from Emilie Clarke on YouTube. She has raved about this for years. I had used other drugstore moisturizer and always found my skin feeling greasy. This product is made in Switzerland-total luxury skin care item for a great price. I only buy this usually three times a year so each jar lasts me about 4 months. You only need a small amount-I apply on my face and neck morning/night. 
Cetaphil Daily Facial Cleanser For Normal to Oily Skin- Target, $9.49- I first started using this product when I first started getting acne around age 13. I was recommended this by my dermatologist because the cleanser isn't harsh, no dyes, or perfumes. I like to use this in the morning in the shower when I have no make-up on. This cleanser does not leave my face feeling tight or dry. I do notice that this does not lather up like some face wash but my skin feels soft after using. 


Body:
Caress Evenly Gorgeous Burnt Brown Sugar & Karite Butter Exfoliating Body Wash- Walmart, $3.97- If you love Bath & Body works twilight woods scent then this body wash is for you! I love that scent but I can't stand how drying B&BW body washes are. This has a similar scent but to me just smells a little more creamy and the formula is more moisturizing. This body wash does have little exfoliating pieces but I normally use a loofah so that doesn't make a difference to me. If you are looking for a heavenly scent in the shower this baby is for you.
Sun Labs Self Tanning Lotion Ultra Dark Instant Tint- SunLabs, $16.49-  I have used this self-tanner for two years now. I do love the product. The tanner comes out looking like a brown with a green base so you do not ever look orange. Obviously there is a self-tanner scent that develops over time after applying. I find that the tan lasts for a good week if you exfoliating before applying and are religious with applying lotion everyday. Next year I am going to try out some new tanners I am thinking about Million Dollar Tan or Versa Spa. Do you have any favorite self-tanners?
Boutique White Nectarine & Pear Softening Hand & Nail Cream- TJ Maxx, $4.99- I will admit that I am terrible at applying body lotion daily. I used to always buy the B&BW lotions- which by the way don't  moisturize your skin at all). I have been trying to use lotion more frequently but I am struggling. I found this beauty at TJ Maxx a few months ago and I love the soft citrus scent and non greasy feel. My goal for next year is to start using up all of my extra body products- all those B&BW products included


Hair:
Head & Shoulders Dandruff Shampoo + Conditioner- Wal-Mart, $4.97- I like to use a dandruff shampoo once a week because I use a lot of dry shampoo (shown below) which tends to dry my scalp out slightly and the cold Wisconsin winter weather doesn't help either. I like to the shampoo + conditioner ones because who doesn't need a little extra mositure, right? I like all the scents this one happens to be Ocean Lift.
Bain de Terre Strengthening Shampoo & Conditioner- TJ Maxx, $9.99- I started using this brand of shampoo and conditioner after Sam Scheurman on YouTube raved about this being the best hair goodies around. I get mine from TJ Maxx- I just get whatever flavor is available but my favorite was the light blue bottle. These can be purchased at a Salon but the price will be more expensive. My hair has never been so soft and healthy. My hair smells great for days and is incredibly shiny. If you can get your hands on this at TJ Maxx try them out!

Hair:
It's a 10 Miracle Leave-in Product- Target, $12.39- This has been a holy grail product of mine for years. I tried out the Sally's brand Heavenly 7 (I believe) which is not as great as the real thing. I love the scent this product has and how amazing my hair feels after using this baby. If you are trying to grow your hair out or have damaged hair I would recommend this for you. I heat style my hair daily and this helps protect against damage. Totally recommend!
Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum-  Salon- $20.00- I used to use this product a few years back within the last year I have found a new stylist and she used this on my hair and I totally forgot how much I loved the scent and how soft my hair was after. I think the product smells like watermelon the only not so great thing is you need to be light handed because too much can make your hair feel greasy. This is definitely another holy grail hair product of mine. 
Batiste Dry Shampoo A Hint of Colour Medium & Brunette- Ulta, $8.99-  Over the past year I have been trying to wash my hair less and this has been a savior. I like this color or the deep dark brown one- those two do not leave a white/grey cast on the roots. I just spray into my hair, rub into my scalp, and style has usual. You can also find this product at TJ Maxx for $5.99-I usually stock up if I see it there. 

Hopefully you found some new products to try out for yourself from my best of beauty 2013 hair, face, and body! Like I said I am going to try to focus more on skincare this next year to improve the condition of my skin. I have already purchased a Clarisonic-hopefully will improve the texture of my skin. What are some of your favorite products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment