Monday, December 23, 2013

How to: Clean Brushes


Hey loves! I am here to show you how I wash my makeup brushes. This should be a regular part of your beauty routine. Your brushes come in contact with products and your face daily and can be a breeding ground for bacteria. I try to wash my brushes at least once a week. Remember that there are severals ways to wash makeup brushes but this is what works best for me. I probably should wash them more often but that doesn't always happen. 

Here is the how to:


Start with dirty brushes- my normal weeks worth

Grab an empty container, dish soap, and olive oil. I like to use antibacterial soap and the olive oil helps melt away the makeup residue and keeps the brushes moisturized. 

Add soap- I always just eye ball the amount of soap. Usually I cover 3/4 of the bottom of the container.

Add olive oil- I cover the rest of the container with olive oil. Usually 1/3 of the container. Remember this amount varies for how many brushes you are washing. There is not a specific measurement.

Wet brushes under warm water and swirl into mixture. I rub brushes against the palm of my hand and rinse until water becomes clear. You may have to repeat this step several times depending on the dirtiness of your brush. Remember to rinse thoroughly- you don't want excess soap or oil left on your brushes. 

Lay out to dry-I lay my brushes on a towel over night. You can shape your brushes into the form you desire at this point.

Usually I wash my brushes on Sunday nights and let them dry over night for 8-10 hours which seems to work well. Don't forget to wash your beauty blenders too! 







No comments:

Post a Comment