Thursday, December 26, 2013

Best in Beauty 2013- Makeup

Hey Loves! I hope everyone had a great holiday season! I had an awesome time for Christmas with family and friends. I am looking forward to the new year and what is next to come! Today I have a super exciting post for you guys! The Best in Beauty 2013- Makeup Edition. I am going to tell you my favorite products in every category. The thought process was long for each item and category.  I was having trouble narrowing down to one of two items to call my most used products of 2013.
I will also be doing a Best in Beauty 2013- Hair and Body edition as well! This post is just strictly makeup related goodies!! I am sorry the picture quality isn't the best. I used my iPhone and I have a crack over the camera so the words are blurry. I have linked all the products to where you can buy them with prices. I have also included mini reviews for each item. Check out my favorites below-


Best of Beauty 2013

Primer-
 Sonia Kashuk Primer Perfecting Transparent Mattifer - Target, $14.99 - I purchased this half way through the year after Nicole Gurriero raved about this primer for oily skin girls- totally me. I was on the hunt for a drugstore mattifying primer. This primer does have a silicon feel and applies as a clear gel. I do think this primer makes my make-up stay more matte than other primers but I don't think it necessarily keeps my makeup on any extra amount of time. My tube is empty but I am currently trying out a few new primers- would repurchase.
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Eden- Sephora, $20.00- I have been using this primer since I got a sample with the Urban Decay Naked palette a few years ago. I actually like the color Eden best because it has a slight tan/skin tone color that helps to conceal over veins or discoloration on your eye lid before applying eye shadow. I do think this eye shadow primer intensifies the pigmentation of my eye shadows and does keep my eye looks crease-less. I buy one tube every year it seems like spending the money on this is worth it in my book but I do like the e.l.f. mineral eye lid primer which is only $1.00 but doesn't perform quite as well-will continue to repurchase.



Foundation:
Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in Buff Beige- Target, $7.99-  I am so excited about this foundation such a gem from the drugstore! I believe this is one of the best full coverage drug store foundations available. There is a wide range of shades and is rather affordable. I find this gives great coverage and has great staying power- at least 8 hours without a touch up. I have already gone through 3 whole bottles- will continue to repurchase
Kat Von D Lock-It Longwear Foundation in L 48- Sephora, $34.00-  I got this foundation before going on vacation in Las Vegas last November. If you love a good super full coverage foundation this is for you. I do find if you don't blend the foundation in all the way or apply powder to quickly your face can look cakey. I like to use my Sigma F80 or damp beauty blender when applying this foundation. I think this is my favorite high end foundation this year. I still have a good portion of this bottle left but I will repurchase when I am empty

Concealer:
NYX HD Photogenic Concealer in Light- Ulta, $4.99- I just started to highlight my face using concealer probably mid-summer. I don't have under eye bags or dark circles. I like the light feel of this concealer and good coverage that it can give. I like to use my beauty blender to blend under my eyes and down the bridge of my nose. Definitely a good bargain with good coverage- will repurchase
MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20- MAC Cosmetics, $19.00- Just purchased this beauty in November from MAC. Although this concealer is a little pricey I love that it comes with a pump and has amazing coverage. I like to only apply this under my eyes as a highlight. I was applying to upper lip and on my forehead and I was breaking out from the concealer so I just stick to my under eye area. I feel like I waste a lot of product because you can not control how much comes out of the pump you just get a huge squirt- just wish the packaging was little different- definitely will repurchase

Face Powder:
MAC Mineralize SkinFinish Natural in Medium, MAC Cosmetics, $30.00- Oh my how do I even rave this product up to its full potential. I went months without this powder on a makeup no buy I cheated and eventually purchased. This is the best finishing powder on earth. Your skin looks matte, flawless, and not cakey. I am willing to splurge on makeup items that are really worth the money and this is one - will always repurchase

Bronzer:
bareMinerals READY Bronzer in The High Dive- Sephora, $24.00- I purchased this bronzer in November last year-obviously this product is well loved and I have hit major pan on. I don't like this bronzer as much as I did at first. I think the color is a little orange for my olive skin tone and can sometimes get a little patchy. I am trying to finish this product up and move on to a more matte, less orange bronzer. I also don't think this product is worth the money you shell out- won't repurchase
Blush:
Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Dollface, Ulta, $26.00-  This line of blushes is amazing in every shade. They are so pigmented and last all day without becoming patchy or overly shimmery. This is actually just a small size I got with the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Bronzer trail kit. This is the perfect blush for that light pink cheek. I think you can wear this with a smokey eye or a neutral look. I am actually thinking about purchasing another color in Exposed which is much raved about online. Well worth the money for staying power, amount of product, and color selections available- will purchase another
Highlighter:
bareMinerals Face Color in Pure Radiance- Ulta, $19.00- First off, just let me say that I do not love highlighters. I think it is because I have oily skin and I feel like highlighters look oily on me- probably all in my head but I did purchase this when Ulta had the 21 days of beauty sale. I think this is too shimmery for a face highlight I do use this on my inner corners and brow bone- will not repurchase

Brow:
Revlon Brow Fantasy in Dark Brown- Wal-Mart, $6.48- I love this pencil. I already have a lot of eye brows going on naturally but I like to fill them in to define them. I do not use the gel side of the pencil but I use the pencil end daily. I think the gel dries a little grey toned and flakes off. I find a lot of brow pencils that are brown can appear to reddish but this is a true dark brown. I buy this baby usually every other month- continue to repurchase

Eyeshadow palette:
Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette- Sephora, $52.00-  I love neutral eye shadows and this palette is full of tans, browns, taupes, greys and black all perfect for a great smokey or everyday look. I have hit pan on several shades but my favorites are Tease, Foxy, Bootycall and Suspect. These palettes are such a deal for 12 full sized eye shadows and a double ended brush. I think after I hit pan or finish a few shades I will purchase a replacement
Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette- Sephora, $27.00- I love love love this palette. I think these matte colors go great with any look for the perfect matte crease or transition color. I also use Faint and Crave to fill in my brows occasionally. Venus is the perfect satin shade for all over the lid or brow bone highlight- will repurchase

Eyeliner:
Maybelline Line Stiletto Ultimate Precision Liquid Eyeliner in Blackest Black-Walmart, $5.97, I find myself going back to this eyeliner continuously not only is this thing cheap the color is truly black. I do not have trouble with this liner transferring onto other places or rubbing off- will repurchase
Urban Decay Glide-On 24/7 Liner in Perversion and Smog- Ulta, $19.00 a piece- I got both of these eyeliners in a gift set last year for Christmas. These liners are well-loved products in my collection. I use this on my upper lid, tight line, and water line. I do have rather watery eyes so I do find sometimes I get a little excess on the inner corner of my eye which isn't that big of a problem for me. Perversion is a black liner and Smog is a metallic brown perfect for brown/green eyes. I want to try Rimmels new liners but I will repurchase these liners 

Mascara:
L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black Mascara in Carbon Black-Target, $5.89- I hardly ever try out new mascaras-this baby works the best for my lashes. I get awesome volume and length without getting clumps. I do like to apply several coats at once. I like to purchase this mascara and open the package and then let the mascara age for a week or two I find this dries out the formula for better thickness- will continue to repurchase
Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara in Black- Walgreens, $2.99-  I wanted so badly to love this mascara not only is it cheap but I heard it was awesome. After trying this out for several weeks I just found that this transferred onto my brow bone off my lashes and flaked. My eyelashes looked awesome not clumpy with lots of volume. I tried to combine with L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black but I still did not have luck. I even purchased another tube hoping my first one was bad-even tried to let it dry out a little bit, no such luck- won't repurchase but I do encourage you to try out

Lip Liner:
NYX Retractable Lip Liner in 14 Grape Fruit-Ulta, $4.49-  This liner is the perfect pink for a your lips but better look or under a pink lip gloss or stick. I like to use this when I want a long lasting pink lip. I don't wear pink lippies often but when I do I reach for this liner. I do think this allows my lip stick to last longer and provides a good color base. The formula is non sticky and not drying- will repurchase
Jordana Easyliner for lips in Tawny- Walgreens, $1.99- This is probably one of most raved about lip liners online by beauty gurus. How can you pass up a cheap liner that works for all kinds of lip looks. I like to use this best for neutral looks or a full on nude. I even wear this liner by itself with some chapstick. This formula is also non sticky and not drying also glides on really easily- will repurchase

Lipstick:
MAC Cosmetics Lipstick in Myth and Hue- MAC Cosmetics, $15.00- These are my most worn lippies out there. I have continuously purchased these nude beauties. I have not found any drugstore nudes that are this gorgeous. Myth is a satin finish but I do think the formula is a little drying and does cling to dry patches easily. Hue is a glaze finish that applies more like a thicker gloss but is totally not sticky. Myth is the more pigmented nude both are pinkish beige in color. I think MAC lipsticks are always worth the cost because they have very unique shades that are long wearing and who doesn't love the subtle vanilla scent- will repurchase

Lip Gloss:
NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee- Target, $4.99- Whoever thought of this formula is genius! I have never come across such a creamy buttery finish with such amazing pigmentation. I love wearing these alone or over my favorite nude lipsticks (mentioned above). Both in the picture are Creme Brulee my favorite shade that is a creamy pink beige. This line of lip glosses have a cupcake scent that is amazing and I don't notice it while wearing the lip gloss. Totally inexpensive and amazing if you haven't checked this out you need too-will repurchase.

Whew! This was an exciting post to create and hopefully gave you insight into what my favorite and most used products are!! Leave me a comment with your favorite products. Stay tunes for the hair and body best of beauty post next! Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment