Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: Malibu Tan Hemp Golden Glow Bronzing Moisturizer

I had been using Oil of Olay's Gradual Self-Tanner in Medium to Dark for probably a good 2 years now until recently when I was watching Stephanie's (aka SMLx0 on YouTube) self-tanning video and she recommended Malibu Tan's Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer to help maintain your tan. Honestly, I am so impressed by this product from the first time I tried it.
This is what the bottle claims it will do "Moisturize your way to a healthy glow and toned skin year-round. Formulated with a pinch of DHA, your skin receives a kiss of color which will subtly deepen over about a week of use for a natural, soft tone. With Virgin Hemp Seed Oil for ultra moisturization and CoQ10 with a skin firming complex to tighten and tone, Golden Glow is the perfect daily lotion to enhance your skin's radiance"
Here is what I think, first thing I have to say about this is that I have been using it for probably close to a month now pretty much everyday after I shower and I have only used about 1/4 of the giant bottle. This is so exciting because with my other gradual tanners I felt like I was always buying new bottles every 3 weeks. Second, I love the smell of this product I feel like I am on a getaway everyday, and get this the best part is that it NEVER smells like self-tanner. I don't think I have ever once smelled that nasty self-tanner scent you get with Jergens Natural Glow (seriously, grosses me out). The only way I know how to describe is scent is to say tropical coconut paradise. Also, this comes with a pump which makes for quick applying. After using it for a month I do notice a little bit of a deeper color on my knees and elbows (which is expected with most self-tanning products). Although this can be avoided if you put some regular lotion on these spots before applying the gradual tanner and don't forget to exfoliate every now and again. The darker coloring on my knees and elbows doesn't really bother me that much so I don't worry about it. I would be careful with your hands if you happen to apply this multiple times in one day your hands might turn a slight orange but if you are only going to apply once daily don't worry about any orange palms. I do feel that I am darker but the color isn't as strong as if I would use just a regular self-tanner weekly. I like to use the gradual tanner instead and just maintain a healthy color rather than a fake color that changes daily. I do not think it has "toned" my skin in anyway but that is really okay with me I wasn't really thinking that was going to happen. You can see my other self-tanning reviews here.
Pros:
  • Inexpensive- purchased from local Wal-Mart
  • Smells AMAZING (just like a little tropical vacation in a bottle)
  • Very Moisturizing
  • Pump dispenser
  • Giant bottle (18 fl oz, to be exact)
  • No Animal Testing

Cons:

  • Doesn't come in color shades like light, medium, or dark (just a one size fits all kind of product)
  • Made with Parabens
  • No "toning or tightening" effects the product claims

Stay Tan!

-Chelsea

3 comments:

  1. Did you use this on your face as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No I use my regular facial moisturizer with self tanner

      Delete
  2. Thank you for such an unbiased and detailed review! Awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete