Monday, January 26, 2015

First Impression: Rimmel Provocalips

Hey Loves! I have been loving to try out new products lately. At my most recent shopping trip to Walgreens I saw these new long wear lip products from Rimmel. I picked up the color 120 Pucker Up and wanted to do a first impression blog post for you guys!
 

This products claims to be kiss proof, transfer proof, food proof with high impact color. Also supposed to not feel tight or drying on the lips and leave the lips feeling moisturized all day. Suggested to be removed with an oil-based make-up remover. Lets see how this lip color stood up throughout the day...
 
First applied in the light at 8 am

9 am in indoor lighting

10 am coffee break


2 pm indoor lighting
 
 
I took pictures throughout the day so you can see the wear of the product. I was very shocked when I applied the color at how shimmery the color was because the packaging was a very light pale matte pink and when I applied the color was super shimmery. I do not have a problem with shine but this was over the top shimmer.
 
As I wore the product throughout the day I did notice a lot of dryness and tightness when the clear gloss top coat started to wear off. I did reapply the top coat several times during the day after eating and drinking. As you can see the product did transfer onto my coffee mug after a few sips. I also felt like pieces started to flake off and become almost able to peel off.
 

By the time I was finished with work I just wanted to take the lip product off because my lips felt almost crusty and I was so over the shimmer. I tried to use a make-up remover wipe to remove the product but I felt like I was rubbing so hard on my lips. I ended up using my toothbrush to get rest of the product off. I did not try an oil-based make up remover as recommended.

I have however heard that the darker shades are not so shimmery and are better feeling on the lips. I am not sure if I am going to try those out or not. Maybe I am just not a long wear lipstick gal--something about always having to apply that clear balm that doesn't appeal to me. Do you have a favorite long wear lip product? Let me know!

Where to connect with me?




Pinterest: tilson8913

Youtube: Chelsea Tilson


Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment