Friday, November 28, 2014

BLOGcember Review: Soft Matte Lip Cream

Hey Loves! BLOGcember has now begun--make sure you check back each day for a new review on all different types of beauty products. First I have chosen to review a new favorite of mine NYX's soft matte lip cream in the color Cannes-let's get started:

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Cannes
Hand Swatch- Natural Light Indoors

Where can you find this product?
I find most of my NYX products at Ulta or Target

How much is this product?
Usually retails between $5-$6. Ulta usually has BOGO sales or Buy one Get one Half price. This lip cream contains 0.27 fl ounces which is a really amount of product. 

Available in other shades?
NYX has 22 Soft Matte Lip Creams available with a great color range.

Lasting Power?
At least 4 hours with drinking and eating if you let dry completely

Pigmentation?
Highly pigmented--only need one coat to cover lips and shows true to color of the packaging. I would describe this shade as everyday wearable your lips but better pink. 

How would I rate this product?
4/5 only because this is a matte product and with most mattes there is a drying effect that occurs with wear so I would suggest moisturizing your lips before use and after with a lip balm. 

Any dupes?
This color is similar to Maybelline's The Mattes Lipstick in Touch of Spice

I do find that before the lip cream dries that it feels almost oily on the lips but then dries perfectly matte. Once dry I have found that the color doesn't transfer onto my coffee cup at all. Overall I think this is an awesome drugstore matte lip option. I am hoping to get more colors in the future. 

Don't forget to subscribe to my blog or other social media so you don't miss any BLOGcember posts or other special treats along the way! Use the hashtag #BLOGcember or #wiscobeauty so I can see all of your posts!

Thank you so much for continued support!

Where to connect with me?

Pinterest: tilson8913
Youtube: Chelsea Tilson
Email: tilson8913@gmail.com
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment