Monday, August 18, 2014

Review: Revlon Gel Envy Nail Enamel

Hey loves! I have been trying out Revlon's new Gel Envy Nail Enamel for almost 2 weeks now. I love getting gel or shellac done at the nail salon because the color last at least 3 weeks without chipping and leaves your nails feeling so strong. Not to mention the shine is incredible but who wants to pay upwards of $25 dollars to get your nails done every month. I also don't like how awful getting the shellac off is. Your nails may be strong when you are wearing the gel but after my nails always feel weak.
I purchased the polish from Target for $5.99 and the color I chose was an orchid shade called Winning Streak. I recently picked up a dark red called Queen of Hearts that I will be wearing to an upcoming wedding. The one thing that I did not do was pick up the top coat that goes along with this collection. I wanted to see how the polish stood up with just my regular top coat Seche Vite which I purchase from Sally's Beauty Supply.



Here is the nail polish applied with 2 coats of the color Winning Streak and one layer of the Seche Vite fast Dry top coat. I did find that you could get away with just one layer of the color because the opacity was very good. I did two because I normally apply more than one coat. 
I only noticed the tip of my nails chipping over time. I also noted that the polish did grow out at the bottom which is very similar to shellac or gel nails. When you first apply the color I think the polish comes off very matte but I do not know if the top coat that comes along with this collection is shiny or not. I used my regular top coat and thing the shine was average. 
I am excited to try out the red color so look for an update on that on my Instagram page. What are your favorite brands of polish?
Enjoy

Stay up to date with my life by following my social media:

Pinterest: tilson8913
Ebates: Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment