Monday, May 20, 2013

Breakfast Smoothie

Good morning everyone!! I am here with a healthy smoothie recipe that I make often. I have been trying for the last 8 months to eat healthier foods and enjoy the foods I make. I have attempted to make a billion different breakfast smoothies which is really a trial and error process in itself. This one happens to be my all time favorite and only 210 calories. Which is awesome because this is packet with protein, fruit, and nutrients. Lets get to the recipe...


 Ingredients-

Oikos Greek Vanilla Yogurt
Blue Diamond Almond Breeze Vanilla
Frozen Strawberries

 1 Cup Frozen Strawberries
I usually thaw the strawberries in the microwave for 1 minute so they are not completely solid. I also will do different frozen fruits like Peaches, Blackberries, or a mixture depending on what flavor I am in the mood for.

 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
I usually do the Vanilla flavor but I do like to switch it up and sometimes will use the Key Lime flavor. I prefer to use Greek Yogurt over regular yogurt because of the high protein which holds over hunger better. 

 1 cup Almond Milk
I prefer the Vanilla flavor because it has a slight sweetness but regular flavor will do as well. I also sometimes "treat" myself and I will use Simply Orange Juice instead of Almond Milk. I usually do that once a week because Orange Juice has a lot of excess sugar.

 Blend
I use the Magic Bullet you can also use a blender but I like this because I don't over make the smoothie portion and it comes in a personal cup so you can just blend and go. So easy. The only downfall is that I wish this blended ice and veggies a little better but for smoothies this works awesome. 

Enjoy!
The last step is to enjoy the smoothie! I like to drink this in the morning for my breakfast. You could also add  protein powder if you choose or more or less of each ingredient. 

Hopefully you guys enjoy this smoothie recipe. I actually found this from BrunetteBeautyBlogger on YouTube  She not only does awesome make-up and hair she is also such a fitness inspiration. Check out her channel while you sip down your breakfast =) 

No comments:

Post a Comment