Monday, June 25, 2012

Healthy Eating Grocery List

While pondering my refrigerator  tonight for some dinner I realized that I really needed to get groceries and I figured maybe it would be something you guys would be interested in. Since I have started to eat healthy in March I have started to find lots of little things that I truly love that are healthy-ish.  I have been very good at avoiding temptations while grocery shopping just remember one little tip don't go looking for groceries when you are hungry, you will come home with everything. 
Lets get started with the goodies:

  • Egg Whites- perfect for a breakfast burrito or french toast with less cholesterol 
  • Greek Yogurt- Key lime by Dannon Oikos is my all time favorite
  • Fresh Fruit- Strawberries, Blueberries, Bananas, Nectarines
  • Berry Blast Juice- Bolthouse Farms Juice Smoothie-- so much berry goodness
  • Cottage Cheese- great topping on salad or just as a side
  • Jalapeno String Cheese- Spicy snack
  • Spring Mix Salad- Perfect on sandwiches, wraps, and in salads
  • Frozen Veggies- Steamable ones are the best and quickest....watch that cheese sauce
  • Bagel Thins- 100 calories for bagel instead of 300
  • Chicken Breast- BBQ Seasoned by Oscar Meyer is the BOMB
  • Tortillas- perfect for all wraps and breakfast burritos
  • Peanut Butter Brownies- Fiber One! 90 calories for a brownie with fiber, OH YES
  • Pasta- Whole grain... I can't give up my pasta just yet...
Well hopefully that will help you get some ideas for some healthy foods to add to your list-ies! I try my best to eat healthy but sometimes I fail. I don't let that get me down you just need to move forward and focus on the next meal. Oh, and don't forget the most important thing water ( I don't buy bottled water I just drink from the tap). 

No comments:

Post a Comment