Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Tips to Save on Cash!!

So in my adventure of saving money for purchasing a house of my own over the last three months I have made a list of great ideas that helped me save cash in the long run and I am willing to share my ideas and hopefully they will inspire you to cut back on your spending even if it is just one of two things...

  • Do not buy bottled water-- buy a filter and reusable bottle
  • Bring your lunch to work
  • Walk to the store, bar, or work to cut back on gas
  • Use those not-so-favorite products that are under your sink or in your closets
  • Use reusable plates and dishes (not paper or Styrofoam)
  • Buy products in bulk
  • Shop at thrift stores or garage sales instead of always buying new
  • Have your own garage sale to make a little extra dough
  • Make coffee at home instead of stopping at Starbucks every morning
  • Avoid the vending machine
  • Don't feel guilty if you don't buy candy from your coworkers child
  • Avoid those "quick trips" to the store for only "three items" (we all know you leave with 8)
  • Get washable cloth napkins instead of always buying paper towel
  • Limit your fast food and restaurant eating 
  • Wait 8 weeks instead of 6 weeks between hair colorings
  • Rent Movies from Red Box rather than maybe $10.00 for a movie at the theatre 
Not only am I saving extra cash to add to my down payment I am also collecting my coins to purchase a kitchen table that I have had my eyes on for years! Sometimes having a short-term loan is all you need to dig for coins at the bottom of your purse or under your car seat. 

I promise you will be so excited when you check your bank account and you have an extra $50.00 or you cash in your coins and you have $78.36 to put towards a new make-up item or table (like me) You really feel very accomplished when you reach a goal or see your savings account growing, even if it is just a little, it was more than last month.  You need to stay positive just think if you went to Starbucks every morning for a $4.00 coffee that's $120.00 a month. Now if you brew at home and add some creamer for a month you would pay roughly $20.00, now that is saving money, honey!  Hopefully these tips will inspire you to save a penny or two

Enjoy!
-Chelsea

No comments:

Post a Comment